Information on what is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and monitors and reports how you manoeuvre your way around a website. A cookie allows the website when revisited to present options that will be of interest when you revisit Cookies are used to give the owner of the site information on traffic so they can monitor your experience, make changes, advertise, marketing and gain analytics.
Cookies do not harm or effect your computer system
As a user you can control your Cookies by changing the settings in your internet browser – by blocking all cookies you may only gain only limited access to certain parts of our site
- Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
- Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
Data Controller (Responsible for your personal data): CountryLet Ltd
Address is 33 Abbeygreen, Lesmahagow, Lanark, ML11 0EQ
1.2 Concerns & Complaints
Countrylet Ltd welcome discussions on how we process your data and do what we can to resolve any issues however if you are not happy with how we collect and use your data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), (www.ico.org.uk).
If you are a client, business connection, request information, enquire or interact with Countrylet Ltd it is important that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
Updates can be processed via email for all your personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org If you are using our email marketing system please use the preferences link.
1.3 Sensitive Data
Countrylet Ltdg do not collect any Sensitive Data about you through the website. Sensitive data refers to
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinions;
- Religious or philosophical beliefs;
- Trade union membership;
- Genetic data; and
- Biometric data (where processed to uniquely identify someone).
2.1 Personal Data
- Contracts between parties Landlord/Tenants etc
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests- inc third party. Your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Countrylet Ltd will only use your personal data when legally permitted.
When marketing via email we gain consent via our system, however from time to time we gain mutual consent via letter, email, text, call or social media and we generally do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data.
If at anytime you wish no further communications please email email@example.com
2.2 Processing your personal data – Activity
Activity: New Tenant
- Required Personal Info
- Find suitable property
- 3rd party System processing, setting up or accessing accounts, managing the area contracted to service
- Ongoing communication and transactions
Basis: Agreed via tenancy agreement with necessary info that allows Countrylet Ltd to provide a service agreed
To hold info of interest to recover monies outstanding, history of maintenance work and communications where we feel it is necessary
Activity: Financial Records
- As directed
- Updating or recommendations
Basis: Used by Countrylet Ltd, financial partners inc bookkeeper and accountant via online accountancy system
2.3 Marketing and Communications
Countrylet Ltd will deliver marketing communications if you:
- Are a client
- Requested a quotation, information, purchased, joined our online list, networking, referrals
- We use our online email smart system where you have the option to change your preferences and unsubscribe on all our communications
- Where we have contacted you via normal email, calls, text, social etc you have the right to advise you do not wish any further communication
- We do not generally add connections without a legitimate previous interest unless we have received a request verbally, via our online form or via email etc
We will never share your details with 3rd parties unless it is necessary for service agreement, performance or systems. We never sell, share or pass on our database information to anyone who is not working for, with or in the interests of our clients
2.4 Opt Out
If you opt out of receiving marketing from us, we still may keep your personal data provided for our records for future reference, registrations, financial records etc
We reserve the right to use suppliers, 3rd party systems or professional service providers and may pass on necessary info to assist us/them to provide a better tailored service
- web, hosting, email, phones (all I.T services)
- Reception services
- Debt Collection
- All advisors to Countrylet Ltd inc lawyers, accountants, insurance providers etc
- Business legal inc HMRC etc
- If we ever decide to sell the business, transfer the business or merge the business we will share necessary information and all clients will be advised if successful
- Service providers, Systems outside EEA
We try at all times to only use providers and suppliers that comply with EEA criteria. Where we cannot control this we will not share any personal details- details shared may only be to assist us in providing a solution and at all times we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of your data
If we feel we need to safeguard your details to resolve an issue or service we may request your consent which you can withdraw at any time.
3.1. Security of your data
We only share data on a need to know for service reasons, referrals with consent, selected service providers and at all times we use secured systems that are password protected inc phones, computers, mobile devices, written notes etc. Confidentiality is key and we try to ensure high levels at all times
As a business we will deal with any security breach as fast as we can and alert you in writing.
- Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws to request
More details can be found here
Under GDPR there is no fee to access your personal data however, we will charge a reasonable fee to cover any postage, printing etc or if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We have the right to refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may have to contact you through this process to ensure we identify you correctly and the specific information requested.
As a small business we try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days. If your request is more in dept, complex or you have made a number of requests we will email you to keep you informed.
4.1. Retaining data
Your data is ket on file as long as you are a client and will be deleted after 30 days unless we require them for legal, financial or performance requirements.
On termination of your service we will advise the period we will keep the data after considering any risks etc to either business
We will advise you via email and gain your agreement
Any lists or files you have shared with us you must remove us from being able to access these, change passwords etc and if we have control we will download and share these via google drive for a period of 30 days and then delete these. Within the 30 days you must transfer a copy as when it is deleted we will not be able to recover these once deleted. If you require an amendment to this this must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance
By law we have to keep certain information about customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial etc) for 6 years for tax purposes.