Looking to buy a property in Spain?
Call Countrylet we can arrange free accommodation for a short break. All you need to do is find a cheap flight and our colleagues will take you around the area.
At the heart of the Costa Blanca, within the region of Valencia lies the ancient fishing village of Calpe. Now transformed into a tourist magnet, the town sits in an ideal location, easily accessed by the A7 motorway and the N332 that runs from Valencia to Alicante; its approximately one hour drive from the airport at Alicante.
Calpe has a wonderful mixture of old Valencian culture and modern tourist facilities. It is a great base from which to explore the local area or enjoy the many local beaches. Calpe alone has three of the most beautiful sandy beaches on the coast.
- Calpe enjoys a typical Mediterranean climate with cool sea breezes in summer making it a fantastic all year round desination
- The average temperature easily exceeds 20 degrees and enjoying a cocktail watching the sunset is a must
- Calpe and the surrounding areas also averages nearly 3,000 hours of sunshine each year so you can leave your winter jackets at home
Sightseeing & Culture
- The old town walls and the church known as Iglesia Vieja are well worth visiting. This church is the only remaining example of Mudejar-Gothic architecture within Valencia
- Or why not discover the remains of a Roman villa, once forming part of the Roman fish factory
- The town centre is also home to the Museum of Archeology and the Fiestas Museum that is an excellent escape from the sun
Dining in Calpe
- There are many international restaurants close by offering a wide choice of different cuisines from around the world.
- If you have a sweet tooth then you will enjoy the local homemade pastries and deserts that the area is famous for.
- It’s worth giving a special mention to the local wine ‘Jalon’, due to its quality and bouquet.
Things to do in Calpe
- Calpe has a marina where you can take boat rides around the rock and to the nearby resort of Benidorm enjoying a fantastic day out
- Looking for some water sports? Then Calpe has it covered with facilities for yachting, windsurfing and water skiing at the port
- The 9 hole golf course situated in Moraira offers magnificent views of the sea and mountains throughout this beautiful course making it the perfect realxing activity
Contact Us Today
Your holiday home is one call away
So what are you waiting for….. Pick up the phone and call us today to find out more